Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Beginning

Welcome to Operation SuggleWarmth!

Bringing a nickel's worth of karma back to the world one scarf at a time.

I've started this blog because I had a crazy idea. I wanted to make a small difference in the world. One often hears that it takes just one person to change the world, right? Well, OK, my plan is not of that grand of a scale. However, I hope that it will make a tiny impact on the world, if only for a handful of people.

My weapon of impact: hand-knitted items, namely scarfs, and maybe some hats for the winter season for those who need them.

My tools: my Knifty Knitters, loom pick, loom needle, crochet hook and, of course, tons of yarn.

My goal: 25 hand-knitted items donated by 12/31/09.

It is my goal to donate more. In fact, I have some in storage already for donation. Those will not be included in the goal count --only new items knitted from 10/22 - 12/31 will be counted.

Am I crazy? Probably. I will post more on the project as I go alone. This blog is a record of my achievements and failures. It will serve for my motivation and accountability.

Thank you for embarking on this journey with me.

Yours Truly,

Jennbarr



No comments:

Post a Comment