Monday, December 6, 2010

First Donation Box of the Holiday Season

I neglected to take a photo of the box, but it was crammed full! I sent the following to Catholic Social Services in Anchorage, Alaska. Why Anchorage? Well, it is cold, that is for sure but there is another reason. I once lived in the area (actually, Eagle River) for 4 years, and I had volunteered with this organization, helping a refugee family learn English. This organization does all types of work not only with refugees, but also the homeless.

I sent them:
12 hand-knitted scarves
5 hand-knitted hats
5 new pairs of gloves - OK, these were not hand-knitted, but store bought. One of my buddies off a barter group I belong to traded with me for these. Thanks Sue!

I will probably send them another box in the next week or so!

Jennbarr


No comments:

Post a Comment